Scope of ISO 29994:2021
ISO 29994:2021 Education and learning services is an international standard that sets the requirements for distance learning services not specified in the ISO 29993. The standard is applicable to any distance or e-learning service provider no matter how big or small the institute is. The objective of this International Standard is to provide a generic frame of reference for quality learning services. The ISO 29994:2021 standard encourages a focus on the learner and the results of the process, and to emphasize the full range of options available for delivering learning services.
When distance learning services are offered by an institute that also provides other types of learning services, this document only refers to such services. Compliance with the ISO 29994:2021 will assist learners in selecting learning programs that are relevant to their goals and objectives.
Benefits of ISO 29994:2021
- Improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and transparency of learning services.
- Optimize the learning process through Plan-Do-Check-Act, which is quite useful for improving the effectiveness and efficiency.
- Demonstrate the reliability and quality of learning services.
- Enhance the credibility of learning services and the service provider also.
- Provide a model for improving learning services that can be shared within an organization.
- Improve management of the training and development function.
- Manage and improve the training and development function.
- Improve cost and budgetary improvements and return on investment.
- Develop internal quality assurance skills.
- Cater to the needs of learners, sponsors and other interested parties.
- Clearly define and document processes to create transparency and reduce the learning curve in case of changes.