What is ISO 27001:2013?
ISO 27001 is the internationally accepted universal standard for handling threats to the protection of the information you carry. ISO 27001 certification helps you to show to your customers and other stakeholders that you are managing the protection of your data. A collection of structured specifications for an Information Security Management System (ISMS) is given by ISO 27001:2013 (the latest edition of ISO 27001).
Benefits of ISO 27001
- Retains the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Provides confidence in how you handle risk to clients and stakeholders
- Enables healthy exchange of information
- Helps you comply (e.g. SOX) with other regulations
- Provide a competitive value for you
- Enhanced customer satisfaction which improves the retention of customers
- Consistency of the service or product delivery
- Manages and minimizes exposure to risks
- Builds a security culture