An ISO certificate is an evidence of success. You can show your clients and suppliers that you are successful by having an ISO certificate which shows your company’s conformity to international standards’ requirements. This is a recognition that shows your commitment to provide high quality services/products, maintain customer satisfaction, and to improve continually.
how to get ISO certification in UAE
Before we get into the details of how to get ISO certification in UAE, we should go over how much would it cost you to get accredited. Keep in mind that the costs might vary with the size of the organization, its type of processes, and the complexity of work.
3 things can affect the cost:
- First: The developmental costs like the time spent in documenting and implementing the system required for the ISO certification in UAE.
- Second: Costs related to training the employees and getting them up to speed with the standards in order for them to prepare the documentation and conduct effective internal audits based on the plan.
- Third: The obvious costs like the cost of registering and hiring a third-party firm to do detailed audits, and registering the organization. This cost depends on the scope of work, number of sites, number of shifts and so on.
You can reduce much of the costs by hiring external consultants like us, Universal Certification Services in UAE, especially because this ensures that your relative inexperience with ISO certification doesn’t guide you down a terribly incorrect path leading to a serious cash burn.
When it comes to the cost in terms of time, you can expect the whole process to take anywhere from 1 week to 4 months.
In absolute numbers the cost for implementing a formal management system could be between 25,000 AED and 185,000 AED depending on your scope of work, maturity of existing management system, ..etc. While the cost of ISO certification in UAE will range between 3,000 AED and 40,000 AED.
How do I become ISO certified in UAE?
Before you can get certified, you will first have to develop and document your production/service provision processes, and implement the correct procedures to ensure you can maintain your quality standards. We, at Universal Certification & Services pride ourselves on having professional ISO consultants that can support you to be ISO certified.
Here are the four most essential steps in order to become an ISO certified company.
1. Develop your management system
- Identify what is your core or business processes
- Document all the processes with the vital involvement of all essential employees
- Strictly review, approve, and then distribute all the documents to only those who need absolute access to the information
2. Implement your system
- Ensure that all the procedures are being performed and implemented in the exact way they are described in your documentation
- Ensure optimal employees training for the tasks assigned to them in the procedures
- Create an accountable and honest reporting system to carry out inspection, testing, preventive actions, management review meetings, statistical techniques and more
- Monitor the overall effectiveness of your processes through the use of real tangible data and also try to account for the intangibles wherever possible
- Do periodic review to improve in weak & required areas
3. Verify that your system is highly effective
- Start by conducting internal audits and review all the processes and systems in place for compliance and effectiveness
- Observe closely and interview people to collect sample data for further analysis
- Identify and report on the strengths and weaknesses of the management system
- Take any and all corrective or preventive measures as and when required
4. Register your system
- It is very important to select an appropriate and experienced certification body for ISO certification in UAE
- Submit all the documentation prepared for the management system for review to ensure that it truly complies with the applicable standards
- Prepare for an audit by a neutral third party to confirm that the system requirements are being followed and that the management system is implemented effectively
Moving on to the ISO 9001 Certification
ISO 9001 has been described by the International Standards Organisations which specifies the requirements for a quality management system (QMS). Organizations use the standard to demonstrate their ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements. It is actually the most popular ISO certification in UAE among the ISO 9000 series with over 2 million registrations.
Our company provides a wide range of ISO certification in UAE which includes the popular ISO 9001:2015.
What is covered in the ISO 9001:2015?
ISO 9001:2015 is the latest revision of the ISO 9001 certification.
ISO 9001 is based on the plan-do-check-act methodology and provides an effective process-oriented approach to documenting and reviewing the structure, responsibilities, and procedures required to achieve effective quality management in an organization. Specific clauses of the standard contain information on many topics, such as:
- Requirements for a QMS, including documented information, planning, and determining process interactions
- Responsibilities of management
- Management of resources, including human resources and an organization’s work environment
- Product realization, including the steps from design to delivery
- Measurement, analysis, and improvement of the QMS through activities like internal audits and corrective and preventive actions
Some of the key updates in ISO 9001:2015 which let the certification adapt to the changing business ecosystem include:
- The introduction of new terminology
- Restructuring some of the information
- An emphasis on risk-based thinking to enhance the application of the process approach
- Improved applicability for services
- Increased leadership requirements