An ISO certificate is an evidence of success. You can show your clients and suppliers that you are successful by having an ISO certificate which shows your company’s conformity to international standards requirements. It is a recognition that shows your commitment to provide high quality services/products, maintain customer satisfaction, and improve continually.
how to get ISO certification in UAE
Before we get into the details of how to get ISO certification in UAE, we should go over how much would it cost you to get certified. Keep in mind that the cost might vary with the size of organization, its type of processes, and the complexity of work.
3 things can affect the certification cost:
- First: Developmental costs like the time spent in documenting and implementing the system required for ISO certification in UAE.
- Second: Costs related to training the employees and getting them up to speed to prepare for system documentation and to conduct effective internal audits based on the plan.
- Third: Obvious costs like the cost of registering and hiring a third-party firm to do detailed audits and to register the organization. These costs depend on the scope of work, number of sites, number of shifts and so on.
When it comes to the cost in terms of time, you can expect the whole process to take anywhere from 1 week to 4 months.
In absolute numbers the cost for ISO certification in UAE could be between 6,000 AED and 50,000 AED depending on your scope of work, maturity of existing management system, ..etc.
How To become ISO certified in UAE?
Before you can get certified, you will first have to develop and document your production/ service provision procedures, then implement these procedures to ensure you can maintain high quality products/services.
Here are the four most essential steps in order to become an ISO certified company.
1. Develop your management system
- Identify what are your core or business processes
- Document all the processes with the involvement of all essential employees
- Strictly review, approve, and then distribute all the documents to those who need access to the information
2. Implement the Management system
- Ensure that all the procedures are being performed and implemented in the exact way they are described in your documentation
- Ensure optimal employees training for the tasks assigned to them in the procedures
- Create an accountable and honest reporting system to carry out inspection, testing, preventive actions, management review meetings, statistical techniques, etc.
- Monitor the overall effectiveness of your processes through the use of real tangible data and try to account for intangibles whenever possible
- Do periodic reviews to improve weaknesses in specific areas
3. Verify that The Management system is highly effective
- Start by conducting internal audits and review all the processes and systems in place for compliance and effectiveness
- Observe closely and interview people to collect sample data for further analysis
- Identify and report on the strengths and weaknesses of the management system
- Take any and all corrective or preventive measures as and when required
4. Register The Management system
- It is very important to select an appropriate and experienced certification body for ISO certification in UAE
- Submit all the documentation prepared for the management system for review to ensure that it truly complies with the applicable standards
- Prepare for an audit by a certification body to confirm that the system requirements are being followed and the management system is implemented effectively
We, at Universal Certification & Services pride ourselves on having professional ISO auditors that can help you become ISO certified.
Moving on to the ISO 9001 Certification
ISO 9001:2015 has been published by the International Organisation For Standardization which specifies the requirements for a quality management system (QMS). Organizations use the standard to demonstrate their ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customers and regulatory requirements. It is actually the most popular ISO certification in UAE among the ISO 9000 series.
What is covered in ISO 9001:2015?
ISO 9001:2015 is the latest revision of the ISO 9001 standard. It is based on plan-do-check-act methodology and it provides an effective process-oriented approach to document and review the structure, responsibilities, and procedures required to achieve effective quality management system in an organization. Specific clauses of the standard contain information on many topics, such as:
- Requirements for a QMS, including documented information, planning and determining process interactions
- Responsibilities of top management
- Management of resources, including human resources and an organization’s work environment
- Product realization, including the steps from design to delivery
- Measurement, analysis and improvement of the QMS through activities like internal audits and corrective and preventive actions
Some of the key updates in ISO 9001:2015 which let the certification adapt to the changing business ecosystem include:
- Introduction of new terminology
- Restructuring of some information
- Emphasising on risk-based thinking to enhance the application of process approach
- Improved applicability for services
- Increased leadership requirements