General Requirements And Guidance For Organizations In The Food Supply Chain
As animal welfare is becoming increasingly important in society, ISO/TS 34700:2016 defines the requirements and guidelines for implementing the animal welfare principles. ISO/TS 34700:2016 covers terrestrial animals that are bred or kept for the purpose of producing food or feed.
ISO/TS 34700:2016 covers five freedom aspects of animal welfare under human control, which are listed below:
- Freedom from hunger, malnutrition and thirst
- Freedom from fear and distress
- Freedom from physical and thermal discomfort
- Freedom from pain, injury and disease
- Freedom to express normal patterns of behaviour
This standard is intended to assist users in conducting gap analysis and building animal welfare plan that is aligned with the OIE TAHC.